RIchard Endacott MA (Teaching and learning)
Richard is a former Head of Sixth Form and Head of Humanities and has been at the forefront of developing teaching and learning strategies across a wide array of subjects. Specialising in History and Politics, Richard has delivered success in Economics, Business Studies and Geography at both A-Level and GCSE, along with Key Stage 3 teaching of all these and RE.
Offering both 1:1, groups or online tutoring, Richard has over 17 years experience in curriculum development, assessment and exam preparation, delivering results in the top 10% of the country, with History students achieving over a grade above their targets.
A former Head of Sixth Form, Richard is well versed in the UCAS application process, from choosing the right course, to styling the perfect Personal Statement and preparation for the most rigorous of University interviews. Richard has successfully coached students into Oxbridge, Russell Group, US and European Universities.
Elizabeth Croft MA (OXON)
Elizabeth is a graduate from the University of Oxford, an experienced English Teacher and former British Airways crew member. She specialises in GCSE and A-Level English releasing a number of student guides including:
- Larkin and Duffy: A Guide for WJEC Eduqas A level English Literature
- Forward Poems of the Decade: A Guide for Edexcel A/AS level English Literature,
- VICTORIAN VERSE A Guide for Edexcel A level English Literature (9ET0/3)
- Edexcel Poetry Anthology A: Relationships: A Guide for Edexcel GCSE English Literature (1ET0/02)
- Edexcel Poetry Anthology D: Belonging: A Guide for Edexcel GCSE English Literature (1ET0/02)
- Poetry Anthology B: Conflict: A Guide for EDEXCEL GCSE English Literature (1ET0/02)
- Telling Tales: short story anthology: A Guide for AQA GCSE English Literature (8702)
Lee has over 12 years secondary teaching experience and is currently the Head of a Department (PE) at a highly regarded local Grammar School. Since the specification changed in 2016, Physical Education is now heavily weighted towards the theory element of the course (70%). Lee has a proven track record of tutoring both GCSE and A-Level PE.
Lee is also our 11+ expert. Using an evidence-based teaching approach he introduces students to key 11+ content and helps them familiarise themselves with important examination techniques. Lee provided engaging and challenging 1:1 or group sessions focusing on the traditional aspects of the 11+ exam including verbal and non -verbal reasoning, Maths and English
Katie Chanter MA
Katie is our Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 expert, recently moved from a local Middle School where she was teaching Years 5-8, she is now in an outstanding Secondary English Department. Katie has particular experience with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and is skilled at building confidence in reading and comprehension.